The Senior Residential Property Manager is responsible for the management of residential real estate properties owned and/or managed by the Company. The Senior Residential Property Manager supervises all aspects of day-to-day operations of the properties, including directing subordinate employees, creating and maintaining department procedures and processes, financial reporting, tenant relations, maintenance and repair, security, janitorial services, landscaping, etc. The property Manager assists in the preparation of the annual budget, and financial performance of the properties within his or her portfolio.
• Provides direction, leadership, and support for subordinate staff within the RPM Department. Evaluates and monitors operational efficiencies to increase revenue, and in turn profits
• Provides clear direction and accountability for the growth in the RPM Department.
• Establishes rental rates for management properties by surveying local and rental rates; calculating overhead costs, depreciation, taxes, and profit goals.
• Develops marketing plans to maximize occupancy and revenue growth. Accomplishes financial objectives by ensuring collection of rents; paying bills; forecasting property improvements; preparing annual budgets; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; anticipating and initiating corrective action.
• Maintains property by investigating and resolving tenant complaints; enforcing rules of occupancy; inspecting vacant units and completing repairs; planning renovations.
• Prepares reports by collecting; analyzing; and summarizing data and trends.
• Demonstrates ability to understand financial goals and operate properties in the best interest of the investors; owners and/or the Company.
• Prepares annual divisional and portfolio budgets respectively and income projections in a timely and accurate manner.
• Directs, prepares and oversees the semi-annual and annual owner reporting process
• Generates necessary legal action, documents and process in accordance with State and Company guidelines.
• Provides constant vendor/contractor communications concerning scheduling, billing, vendor relations, and certificates of insurance.
• Utilizes marketing strategies to secure prospective residents; monitors and analyzes traffic logs, conversion ratios, budget guidelines, renewal information, marketing data, etc., to be able to give up to date and proper information when requested by others.
• Represents the Company in a professional manner at all times.
• Prepares and implements processes, procedures and systems for the RPM Department, within Company guidelines, to ensure orderly, efficient workflow in all departments.
• Conducts periodic inspections of properties and tenant spaces to ensure compliance with leases and the proper quality of the property.
• Uses successful techniques and company directives to screen, hire, orient and train new personnel.
• Ensures efficiency of staff through goal setting, ongoing training, instruction, counseling and leadership.
• Prepares and oversees correspondence letters to owners and investors.
• Prepares daily/weekly/monthly reports as required (traffic, market data, inventory, vacant apartment status, month end, delinquent rent and timesheets).
• Complies with all applicable state, federal, and local laws related to the responsibilities of the position, including landlord-tenant laws.
• Regular attendance.
• Travel as required.
• The Senior Residential Property Manager supervises Property Managers, Resident Managers and Assistant Resident Managers and on-site maintenance employees.
• Real Estate License and on-going CEU’s to maintain the license.
• Commitment to the Company’s mission, vision and values.
• Four (4) year college degree
• Two (2) or more years of prior proven leadership experience guiding and managing direct reports.
• Two (2) or more years of demonstrated success as a Property Manager.
• Knowledge of multi-family property operations, single-family home property management and commercial property operations.
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
• Excellent Verbal and written communication skills.
• Self motivated with strong interpersonal, organizational, multi-tasking, planning, and follow-up skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Ability to present self in a professional manner and represent the Company image.
• Demonstrated leadership and project success are expected.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with co-workers, administrative team, and the public.
• Detail oriented and punctual.
The Hignell Companies is a well-established property management company that has been in business for over 60 years. We offer a great work environment. For more details, visit our website at: http://www.hignell.com
Forward salary requirements, cover letter and resume
Subject Title: Senior Residential Property Manager
NO phone calls please.
Hignell, Inc is an EOE.